1. Develop a Sense of Adventure – further develop a deeper sense of adventure by swimming with marine life, waves and currents.
2. Give Yourself a Physical Challenge – test yourself to see how far or how fast or how straight you can swim in turbulent open water conditions.
3. Develop a 21st Century Mindset – old business models and the comforts of the 20th century are building replaced by innovative thinking and quick responses to dynamic conditions. Prepare for and replicate these unexpected dryland situation in the open water.
4. Pioneering Exploration – do something somewhere in the 70% water-covered Planet Earth that no one else has ever done in human history. There are innumerable unprecedented opportunities.
5. Collaborative Friendship – help someone achieve their own open water swimming goals by paddling, escorting or supporting them.
Copyright © 2016 by World Open Water Swimming Association