While Swim Across America is best known for its extremely generous charity swims across America, its Catalina Channel Crossing will include Brett Cohen, Malena Hankins, Carolyn Hollingsworth, Naomi Kent, Rene Martínez Saenz, and Dan Simonelli [shown on left].
The team will be guided by escort pilot Captain Dave of the Pacific Star Charters.
During 2017, Swim Across America Director of Events Megan Melgaard helps organize Swim Across America open water events in the following cities with a dedicated team of volunteeers:
* Tampa, Florida on May 6th
* Greenwich-Stamford, Connecticut on June 24th
* Boston Harbor, Massachusetts on July 7th
* Kiawah Island, South Carolina on July 23rd
* Chicago, Illinois on July 29th
* Long Island Sound, New York on July 29th
* Glen Cove, New York on August 5th
* Nantucket, Massachusetts on August 26th
* St. Louis, Missouri on August 26th
* Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island on September 9th
* Seattle, Washington on September 9th
* San Francisco, California on September 17th
* Baltimore, Maryland on September 17th
* Charlotte, North Carolina on September 23rd
* Atlanta, Georgia on September 23rd
* Dallas, Texas on September 30th
For more information, visit www.swimacrossamerica.org.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by World Open Water Swimming Association