Courtesy of USA Swimming, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
USA Swimming announced its 2017 Golden Goggles Awards nominees this year.
The winners for the 2017 USA Swimming Golden Goggle Awards will be announced on November 19th at the JW Marriott in Los Angeles, California.
In the eight categories for the 14th Annual USA Swimming Golden Goggle Awards, Ashley Twichell was the sole open water swimmer who was nominated – twice – based on this year’s accomplishments by American swimmers, focused primarily on the 2017 FINA World Championships.
Fans can vote online here through November 10th.
Perseverance Award nominees:
* Elizabeth Beisel
* Matt Grevers
* Ashley Twichell
Female Race of the Year nominees:
* Lilly King, 50m breaststroke, 2017 FINA World Championships
* Lilly King, 100m breaststroke, 2017 FINA World Championships
* Katie Ledecky, 400m freestyle, 2017 FINA World Championships
* Simone Manuel, 100m freestyle, 2017 FINA World Championships
* Ashley Twichell, 5 km open water, 2017 FINA World Championships
For more information, visit GoldenGoggles.com.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by World Open Water Swimming Association