Courtesy of New York Open Water, New York.
LongSwimsDB by Evan Morrison is now used by marathon swimmers around the world, enabling reporters, swimmers, coaches, administrators, sponsors, co-workers, teammates and friends easy access to the track records of over 13,000 swimmers from 124 countries and over 33,000 marathon and open water swims performed over 177 courses from 1875 to the present in a searchable, cross-linked database.
The database, sponsored by New York Open Water, is growing rapidly and has expanded to swims of various lengths including races on the FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix, FINA 10K Marathon Swimming World Cup, invitational races, and independent and unprecedented solo swims, many of which are ratified by the Marathon Swimmers Federation.
The service is nominated for the 2017 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year among other products, services and organizations:
1. 48 Braçades by Miquel Suñer (Spain)
2. Blue Journey Dangerous Waves Project with Bruckner Chase (USA)
3. Global Swim Series by Rob Kent & Dylan Kent (Canada)
4. LongSwimsDB by Evan Morrison (USA)
5. New York Open Water by David Barra, Rondi Davies & Alex Arévalo (USA)
6. Open Water Swim Academy by Dan Simonelli (USA)
7. Outdoor Swimmer by Simon Griffiths (Great Britain)
8. Sea Donkey with Adrian Sarchet (Guernsey)
9. Shark Bait by Dr. Seán O’Connell (Bermuda)
10. Swim Argentina by Matías Ola (Argentina)
11. The Channel of Bones with Toni Enderli (South Africa)
12. Travessia do Leme ao Pontal by Adherbal de Oliveira & Renato Ribeiro Barbosa (Brazil)
The LongSwimsDB was nominated as follows, “LongSwimsDB is a powerful, informational, searchable, constantly updated database of marathon and channel swims around the world. Developed by Evan Morrison, verified swims from more than 30,000 swims by over 12,200 swimmers from 115 countries and 158 established marathon course are publicly posted on the Marathon Swimmers Federation. Simple to use, easy to search, the database of individual swimmer profiles and event results is rapidly growing with the help of volunteers and automated data import programs. LongSwimsDB is an authoritative service that ties the global open water swimming community closer together, both across continents and generations.
For documenting swims in an authoritative, historical manner, for providing interesting lists of swimmers and their achievements through an elegant computer database searchable on smartphones and laptops, and for its thoroughly simple ease of use, LongSwimsDB is a worthy nominee for the 2017 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.“
To register and vote on the WOWSA Awards and the 2017 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year, visit here.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by World Open Water Swimming Association