Courtesy of FINA.
FINA has rebranded its FINA/HOSA 10k Marathon Swimming World Cup as the FINA Marathon Swim World Series, and its FINA Open Water Grand Prix is now known as the FINA UltraMarathon Swim Series.
The 2018 FINA Marathon Swim World Series – generally held on 10 km loop course – has six stops on its circuit:
* Doha, Qatar on March 17th
* Seychelles, Seychelles on May 20th
* Setúbal Bay, Portugal on June 9th
* Balatonfüred, Hungary on June 16th
* Lac St-Jean, Canada on July 26th, part of the Traversée international du Lac St-Jean
* Lac Mégantic, Canada on August 11th, part of the Traversée international du Lac Mégantic
* Chun’an, China on September 16th
* Taiwan on 22 September 22nd
For more details on the 2018 FINA Marathon Swim World Series (10 km), visit FINA’s site here.
As for the FINA Open Water Grand Prix, a global series of marathon swims that has its roots going back to the 1950’s, the professional circuit is now be called the FINA UltraMarathon Swim Series. The circuit currently has been reduced to only two competitions:
FINA has not yet announced the continuation of its FINA Open Water Mass Swimming World Series, a circuit of mass participation swims that are held during the FINA Marathon Swim World Series 10 km events.
Copyright © 2008-2018 by World Open Water Swimming Association