Courtesy of Marathon Swimmers Federation.
The 51-year-old British, one of the World’s Top 50 Most Adventurous Swimmers, received the 2019 Barra Award for Most Outstanding Year of Marathon Swimming (all considered) from the Marathon Swimmers Federation.
* On April 14th, he completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 3 hours 51 minutes
* On May 27th, he completed a 26.4 km crossing of Lake Zurich in Switzerland in 8 hours 16 minutes
* On July 9th, he completed a 38.1 km crossing of Loch Awe in Scotland in 13 hours 30 minutes, the fourth in history
* On 5 August 5th, he finished 8th in the 26.4 km Lake Zurich Marathon Swim in Switzerland in 8 hours 51 minutes
* On August 28th, he completed a 33.8 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 12 hours 57 minutes
* On September 17th, he completed a 34.8 km crossing of Loch Lomond in Scotland in 12 hours 4 minutes
* He completed a crossing of the Walensee in Switzerland
Copyright © 2008-2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association