The point-to-point race will be held on September 7th this year.
Reverdini describes the event, “The Gran Fondo del Naviglio is rich in history and has its roots in old Milan where the city’s first water polo team was started in 1895. The channel is now suitable for swimming and enables swimmer to relive the event as it once was, swimming in the currents of the cool waters of Ticino that reach the Milano Darsena.”
The Gran Fondo del Naviglio was restarted in 2011 by Antonio Monteduro and the event has taken off ever since.
The 5-stage 2019 Gran Fondo Italia circuit includes the following events:
* 15 km Gran Fondo Cinque Terre on June 9th in Monterosso
* 17 km Gran Fondo Porto Conte on June 22nd in Alghero
* 15 km Gran Fondo Golfo Castellabate on July 7th in Castellabate
* 24 km Gran Fondo Naviglio Grande on September 7th in Milano
* 15 km Gran Fondo Bocche Bonifacio on September 21st in Santa Teresa Gallura
Copyright © 2008-2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association