1. When do we collect personal information?Most of our Website is free for you to browse through and read. There are a few occasions when we ask you to fill in a form and give us some information about yourself. We only ask for your personal information for the following reasons:
What if I am under 15?
If you are a child under 15 and want to create a personal profile, we ask that you have a parent or guardian create a OWS Family Account. By this we mean that a parent or guardian can register on your behalf using their details. We ask this so that as a child, your personal details are protected, and also to ensure that you have parental consent to take part. OWS does not ask a person under 15 for more personal information as a condition of participation than is necessary for a given promotion.
What if I am under 12?
We cannot accept requests from children under 12 to join our mailing list via our automated system. If you are a child under 12 and want to join our mailing list, please ask your parent or guardian to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make arrangements to manually add you to our mailing list.
2. What do we do with the information?Providing personal information is up to you. We collect personal information to enter you in contests and notify you of results, to e-mail you with updates, news and special offers, to respond to your questions or comments, or to register you for certain features on the Website.
OWS (and those people or companies employed by OWS who help make this Website, its content and its services) will process and use your personal information in order to respond to your feedback - like responding to problems, improving our services and gearing what we do to suit your requirements further.
Beyond this, we will not share your information with any other company without your consent unless we are required to do so by law, if you have won a prize or if you have made a request for specific information. If you give us consent then we may share your information with our partners, subsidiaries or subsidiary companies in order that they can contact you with information, promotions, products, services and offers that may be interesting to you.
We will never sell your information to any other company.
3. Asking your permissionIf you register on the Website or make a purchase, we may also contact you via e-mail with further information or updates concerning our products. We dont want to bombard your inbox, so the most number of updates we will send you is one a week - but normally it is only one every fortnight or less.
4. How to unsubscribeOur policy is to allow users to unsubscribe from our regular emails at any time. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com.
However, should you experience any problems, please call our Customer Service Team who will assist you.
If you have asked us to stop sending emails, and this hasnt happened, it may be because the email address to which we are sending them is not the same as the address you sent your request from. Please check the address we are using and include this information in your request. The easiest way to do this is to return to us the whole of the unwanted email. The address we are sending to is included at the bottom of the message.
5. Who processes your information?
OWS (and those people or companies employed by OWS who help make this Website, its content and its services will process and use the information you tell us in order to respond to your feedback - like responding to problems, improving our services and gearing what we do to suit your requirements further.
7. What do we do to safeguard personal information?We have instituted safeguards to check that our internal procedures meet our high policy standards. We also use our best efforts to be sure that third parties who work with us as our agents to make this Website and its contents available to you, and to fulfill your orders and requests, agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve our Website and our visitors. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
8. Links to other WebsitesWe may offer links to other websites we use and recommend. However, we are not responsible for the content or information collection policies of websites operated by other companies. If you visit another website, we advise you to review their privacy and other policies.
If OWS wishes to make material changes to the way we use your personal information we will ask for your consent before we do so.
10. Anything else I should know?Password Expirations
For security purposes, this website is configured to expire user passwords at set intervals.
We recommend that you use a unique password for this website.
There are websites that can help you generate strong passwords (e.g., www.strongpasswordgenerator.com).
If you are prompted to choose a stronger password at this website, we appreciate your understanding.
As with any website, it is generally in your best interests to:
(a) always choose a strong password
(b) be sure to choose a password that is unique to each website, and...
(c) change your password periodically.
Except as otherwise provided, we will NOT disclose any information processed by us to any third party, unless required to do so by law.
© Open Water Swimming, LLC 2013. All Rights Reserved.