Courtesy of WOWSA, Huntington Beach, California.
After ten days, there is very close battle at the top of the 2011 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year, followed by a large group of nominees statistically grouped together.
With voting continuing until December 31st, there will be many changes in the current standings. Like many open water swimmers everywhere know, expect the unexpected.
CLICK HERE TO VOTE IN THE WOWSA AWARDS 2011.
1. Patagoia Extreme Cold Water Challenge, Adventures at the Tip of South America
2. Julie Galloway, Record-setting Round Jersey Swimmer
3. Windemere 12-way Warriors – Dozen Times Across Windermere
4. Ray Gandy – Two Days in the Bay
5. Rebekah Boscariol, Swimming across Lake Ontario for SickKids
6. The Swim, Charity Relay Across the Irish Sea
7. Selina Moreno Pasagali, Marathon Swimming Cancer Survivor
8. Colleen Blair, Swimming Across the Graveyard of Ships
9. Bridging The Cayman Islands, Captivating Channel Challenge
10. Farallon Islands Swimming Association, Enabling a Renaissance
11. Special Olympics World Summer Games
12. 1400K Swim Across Tunisia, A Swim of Peace
13. Japan to Taiwan Ocean Swim Challenge, Bridge Across Nations
14. Forrest Nelson, Catalina Island Circumnavigation
15. A Swim for The Coastlines, Un Nado Por Las Costas
16. Swann Oberson, Swiss World Champion
17. Progetto Adriatico
Copyright © 2011 by World Open Water Swimming Association