The FINIS SwiMP3 X18, developed under the leadership of John Mix, is among the 20 nominees for the 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year. The new award is meant to identify products and services that (1) best support and assist open water swimmers achieve their goals, (2) are innovative, unique and beneficial to open water swimmers, race directors, coaches or administrators, and (3) have made the most positive impact on the world of open water swimming during the calendar year.
The nominations are meant to recognize some of the best and innovative commercial and free offerings that open water swimmers can enjoy.
Extreme swimmers, disabled swimmers, ice swimmers, marathon swimmers, professional swimmers, administrators, coaches, pilots, and swimmers from all walks of life have used, purchased and benefited from an increasingly number of products and services introduced over the few years.
The nomination of the FINIS SwiMP3 reads,
“FINIS SwiMP3 X18 has changed the way many athletes swim. This waterproof MP3 player provides the highest quality underwater sound without the use of ear buds, thanks to its revolutionary Bone Conduction audio transmission. Swimmers enjoy the SwiMP3 on long open water swims or during pool workout. The SwiMP3 attaches securely to goggle straps and rests on the cheekbones so it does not interfere with proper swimming technique. Because the SwiMP3 does not require ear buds, swimmers are still able to hear voices, sounds and directions during open water swims. For its healthy 2GB of storage, for its functionality that enables aquatic athletes to listen to music, audio books and podcasts with a surprisingly clarity of sound and ease of use, the FINIS SwiMP3 is a worthy nominee for the 2012 WOWSA Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.”
The 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year nominees are (listed in alphabetical order):
1. Big River Man by Martin Strel
2. Channel Swimmers’ Chat Group by Nick Adams
3. Cork Distance Week by Ned Denison
4. FINIS SwiMP3 X18 by John Mix
5. Foggle by Karen Smidt-Allard
6. In My Element by Theodore Yach
7. iSwimToo by Stephen Coulter
8. Marathon Swimmers Forum by Evan Morrison & Donal Buckley
9. Midmar Mile Facebook Integration by Wayne Riddin
10. Night Train Swimmers by Vito Bialla
11. Ocean Care Solutions by Ron Adley
12. Open Water Swimming Insurance by Travis England
13. Oceans Seven Project by Red Bull Media House
14. RC Helicam by Andrew Martens
15. SWIM Channel by Patrick Wrinkler
16. SwimIT by Rick Senn
17. SwimPhone by Club Assistant
18. SwimTrek by Simon Murie
19. TakeItLive by Chris Lundie
20. Toa o le Tai Program by Bruckner Chase
21. The Henley Swim by Tom Kean
Online voting will take place here at WOWSA until December 31st.
The FINIS SwiMP3 enables swimmer to listen to music through bone conduction technology. The SwiMP3 waterproof MP3 player provides the highest quality underwater sound without ear buds with its revolutionary bone conduction audio transmission. With 2GB of storage, athletes can listen to music, audio books, and podcast all with incredible sound. The SwiMP3 attaches securely to goggle straps, resting on the cheekbones and does not interfere with swimming technique.
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source