Foggle solves this problem. No more fog, making it much easier to see the beautiful coral or the nasty jellies. Without fog, it is easier to see the bubbles of the person in front of you to draft and easier to see that far-away turn buoy.
The new World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year award is meant to identify products and services that (1) best support and assist open water swimmers achieve their goals, (2) are innovative, unique and beneficial to open water swimmers, race directors, coaches or administrators, and (3) have made the most positive impact on the world of open water swimming during the calendar year.
The nominations are meant to recognize some of the best and innovative commercial and free offerings that open water swimmers can enjoy.
Extreme swimmers, disabled swimmers, ice swimmers, marathon swimmers, professional swimmers, administrators, coaches, pilots, and swimmers from all walks of life have used, purchased and benefited from an increasingly number of products and services introduced over the few years.
The nomination of Foggle reads,
“Few things are the bane of open water swimmers like foggy goggles. Trapped in an environment when they can see little and hear even less, open water swimming is sport where sensory deprivation is a given. But when goggles fog, the world of the open water swimmer turns inward even more often leading to frustration. But SBR Sports resolves those times when foggy goggles can depress the swimmer. Foggle is an anti-fog towelette that not only defogs goggles, but also cleans the lens at the same time. Crystal-clear vision is the result opening up a new window of the open water swimming world. Foggle not only can be used for swimming goggles, but also cycling and running shades, and scuba masks. For its reusable ability to clear up a potentially frustrating view of the world, for its multi-dimensional use on products enjoyed on both on terra firma and in aqueous venues, Foggle is a worthy nominee for the 2012 WOWSA Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.”
The 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year nominees are (listed in alphabetical order):
1. Big River Man by Martin Strel
2. Channel Swimmers’ Chat Group by Nick Adams
3. Cork Distance Week by Ned Denison
4. FINIS SwiMP3 X18 by John Mix
5. Foggle by Karen Smidt-Allard
6. In My Element by Theodore Yach
7. iSwimToo by Stephen Coulter
8. Marathon Swimmers Forum by Evan Morrison & Donal Buckley
9. Midmar Mile Facebook Integration by Wayne Riddin
10. Night Train Swimmers by Vito Bialla
11. Ocean Care Solutions by Ron Adley
12. Open Water Swimming Insurance by Travis England
13. Oceans Seven Project by Red Bull Media House
14. RC Helicam by Andrew Martens
15. SWIM Channel by Patrick Wrinkler
16. SwimIT by Rick Senn
17. SwimPhone by Club Assistant
18. SwimTrek by Simon Murie
19. TakeItLive by Chris Lundie
20. Toa o le Tai Program by Bruckner Chase
21. The Henley Swim by Tom Kean
Foggle is an easy-to–carry, easy-to-use anti-fog cleaning product sold by SBR Sports. Foggle both defogs and cleans goggle lens, and are used by swimmers, snowboarders, skiers, cyclists, runners, and divers. Each Foggle towelette can be used multiple times (5–6 applications). It is available in individual wipes, a pack of 6, or a box of 48.
Copyright © 2012 by World Open Water Swimming Association