All of these organizations were founded by individuals who volunteered their time to provide the requisite structure, guidance, promotion and administration behind the sport of open water swimming in the local open body of water. Year after year, the volunteers behind these organizations help dreams become reality as they help swimmers through the process of preparation, registration and ratification.
The organizations are located in Canada, Great Britain, U.S.A., Croatia, Switzerland, Indonesia, Australia, Ireland and South Africa – providing great representation from around the globe.
On left are the minutes from a 1966 organizational meeting of the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association in Belfast.
* Aquatic Club du lac St. Jean (Roberval, Québec), Canada 1976 (now called Traversée Internationale du lac St.-Jean), inducted 1976
* British Long Distance Swimming Association (BLDSA), Great Britain, inducted 2002
* Catalina Channel Swimming Federation (CCSF), USA, inducted 2010/11
* Channel Swimming Association (CSA), Great Britain, inducted 1996
* Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation (CS&PF), Great Britain, inducted 2013
* Faros Maratón, Stari Grad Croatia, inducted 2012
* Fédération Internationale de Natation Amateur (FINA), Switzerland, inducted 1994
* Indonesian Swimming Federation, Indonesia, inducted 2014
* Irish Long Distance Swimming Association (ILDSA), Ireland, inducted 2012
* Rottnest Channel Swim Association, Australia, inducted 2010/11
* Midmar Mile, South Africa, inducted 2013
Copyright © 2013 by World Open Water Swimming Association