We would love to see the following products developed:
1. Swimsuit Sans Strings: For men, these swimsuits that do not require tying of strings. For women, these swimsuits come without shoulder straps that can chafe. Both male and female styles simple stay the body comfortably and snugly.
2. Hypothermia Helper: For those who do not like or cannot tolerate cold or cooler water temperatures, the Hypothermia Helper is available in various form factors (chewing gum, pills, or skin ointments) that enable swimmers adverse to cold water to be able to swim comfortably anywhere at any temperature at any time.
3. Travel Transporter: The teleportation converts you into an energy field via dematerialization that beams you to an open body of water of your choice where you are reconverted into matter, enabling you to swim anywhere anytime.
4. 10-10 Goggles (also called Aquatic Scopes): Swimming goggles with special optic properties that enables you to see further and with more accuracy from far away, similar to the capabilities of a telescope or pair of binoculars.
5. Phenomenal Force Field: Similar to the Hypothermia Helper, the Force Field enable those who are not comfortable with water or air temperatures (either too warm or too cold) to be able to swim comfortably anywhere anytime.
6. Fluffy Towel Warmer: Get out of the water and the Fluffy Towel Warmer makes your towel nice and warm, soft and fresh every time you get out of the water.
8. Swimming Superhydrophobic Skin: A superhydrophobic, nanotechnology skin coating that completely repels water and enables you to become immediately dry after every swim. It comes in various form factors including lotions, sprays, and gels.
9. Sunscreen Skin: A superhydrophobic sunscreen that is placed on and adheres to the skin, but that concurrently repels water and perspiration while staying on your skin for the entire length of your swim or all day on land. It comes in various form factors including lotions, sprays, and gels that absorbs or reflects the sun’s ultraviolet radiation to protect against sunburn, raccoon eyes, goggle tans, panda eyes, and swim cap tans.
10. Photosensitive Swim Cap: The photosensitive swim cap changes colors and shades dependent on the amount of brightness of the day, glare of the sun, and darkness of the night. In the bright sunshine, the photosensitive swim cap becomes dark; in the darkness of night, the photosensitive swim cap becomes illuminated.
11. Photosensitive Goggles: The lenses on photosensitive goggles change their levels of darkness and color in response to the amount of brightness of the day, glare of the sun, and darkness of the night.
12. Aquatic Acoustic Ear Plugs: Audio electroacoustic ear plugs that not only keep the water out of your eyes, but also are designed to amplify ambient sound both in and out of the water. It helps the swimmer hear voices more clearly on an escort boat and pick up sounds in the marine environment.
Copyright © 2014 by World Open Water Swimming Association