Courtesy of WOWSA, Huntington Beach, California.
“The Kingdom Swim psych sheet is now set,” explains Phil White of the July 12th multi-race event that includes the WOWSA 10-Mile World Championship. “With about 125 swimmers joining us from as far away as Ireland and California, Quebec City and Florida.”
Additionally, White announced a new 15-mile Renegade, Border-Busting Course to the Kingdom Swim.
Alec van Zuiden, Mayor of Ayer’s Cliff, has volunteered to help patrol, making this a truly international expedition from Newport, Vermont, around Provence Island and back.
1. Sarah Thomas from Conifer, Colorado
2. Kevin Joubert from Towson, Maryland
3. David Uprichard from New York, New York
4. Charlotte Brynn from Stowe, Vermont
5. Franco Prezioso from Bel Air, Maryland
6. William Shipp from Mitchellville, Maryland
7. Paula Yankauskas from Hyde Park, Vermont
8. Jennifer Dutton from Wayland, Massachusetts
Photo shows Kristin Jones winning the 2013 World Open Water Swimming Association World 10-mile Swimming Championships in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont. Photo courtesy of Phil White of the Northeast Kingdom Open Water Swimming Association.
Copyright © 2014 by World Open Water Swimming Association