Courtesy of WOWSA, Huntington Beach, California. Photo is courtesy of Kelvin Trautman.
Lewis Pugh is swimming 7 marathon swims during August to encourage governments to establish Marine Protected Areas.
Pugh has completed 6 of his Seven Swims In The Seven Seas For 1 Reason: 10 km in the Mediterranean Sea in Monte Carlo, Monaco in 3 hours 33 minutes, 10 km in the Adriatic Sea in Zadar, Croatia in 3 hours 55 minutes, 10 km in the Aegean Sea in Athens, Greece in 3 hours 12 minutes, 10 km in the Black Sea in Istanbul, Turkey in 2 hours 48 minutes, 15 km in the Red Sea in Aqaba, Jordan in 2 hours 57 minutes, 10 km in the Arabian Sea in Rass Al Hadd, Oman in 3 hours 15 minutes, and a planned 100 km stage swim in the North Sea ending in London, United Kingdom.
Additional articles on the Seven Swims In The Seven Seas For 1 Reason are here:
* MPA: Marvelously Productive Activity, 7 Swims In 7 Seas
* Seven Swims In The Seven Seas – 1 Reason, 1 Down
* Seven Swims In The Seven Seas – 1 Reason, 2 Down
* Seven Swims In The Seven Seas – 1 Reason, 6 Down
* Seven Swims In The Seven Seas For 1 Reason
* The Ancient Seven Seas And 1 Modern Mariner
* The Heavy Demands On Land Along The Seven Seas
* Going Solo Needs Teamwork
* Marine Life Nowhere To Be Seen
* 20 People Who Uplifted Open Water Swimming
Copyright © 2014 by World Open Water Swimming Association