Courtesy of WOWSA, Huntington Beach, California.
On the Gold Coast of Australia, the last event of the 2014 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships will be held on Monday, August 25th. It should be a great race to culminate the international championships.
The women entered into the 10 km ocean swim are listed below and include two young emerging swimmers who will do their best to stand on top of the podium over their more senior competitors.
The eyes of Australia will be on 15-year-old Chelsea Gubecka while the American coaches have equally high expectations for 16-year-old Becca Mann. But the two teenagers are going to have to overcome a trio of veteran Americans including Olympic silver medalist Haley Anderson and FINA World Cup medalists Eva Fabian and Christine Jennings as well as Japanese Olympian Yumi Kida and Malaysian Olympian Heidi Gan.
1. Leonie Pamerleau (24 of Canada)
2. Heather Maitland (24 of Canada)
3. Jade Dusablon (20 of Canada)
4. Charlotte Webby (26 of New Zealand)
5. Ching Man Chan (19 of Hong Kong)
6. Claudia Wong (18 of Hong Kong)
7. Yumi Kida (29 of Japan)
8. Miki Asayama (19 of Japan)
9. Kareena Lee (20 of Australia)
10. Chelsea Gubecka (15 of Australia)
11. Jessica Walker (24 of Australia)
12. Haley Anderson (22 of USA)
13. Eva Fabian (21 of USA)
14. Christine Jennings (27 of USA)
15. Becca Mann (16 of USA)
16. Heidi Gan (25 of Malaysia)
17. Fiona Chan (16 of Hong Kong)
18. Tiffany Lee (17 of Hong Kong)
Copyright © 2014 by World Open Water Swimming Association