Photos courtesy of SwimTrek. Article by WOWSA, Huntington Beach, California.
SwimTrek will showcase their open water swimming tours at the Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show this weekend. “It’s our first time exhibiting in the United States. Kate and Gary Emich will be at the SwimTrek booth look forward to seeing swimmers from all over the world,” says Mark Burgess of SwimTrek.
SwimTrek has launched new trips this year including swim tours to Oman, Tenerife, Crete and Milos in Greece, Tremiti Islands, Italy and St Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean Sea.
The St Kitts and Navis tour is located in the Caribbean 80 km west of Antigua. “Nevis is our base for this trip,” explains Burgess. “It is the smaller and is one of the most unspoilt and relaxing islands in the Caribbean. Vividly green with blue skies, clean air and long empty beaches, Nevis has a genteel pace of life that encourages you to stop and appreciate the natural beauty around you. On this trip, we will explore its coastlines and that of its neighbour St Kitts as well as taking part in the Nevis to St Kitts Cross Channel swim race on April 5th.”
The highlights of the new SwimTrek tour in the Caribbean include:
* participation in the Nevis to St Kitts Cross Channel Swim (Bente Weber Memorial Swim)
* cross the Narrows, a strait between Nevis and St Kitts, the site of many shipwrecks
* snorkel in the Caribbean Sea and climb to Nevis Peak with magnificent views underwater and across the surrounding Leeward Islands
* visit freshwater springs and volcanic hot springs on the western coast
* enjoy the distinctive Caribbean entertainment and night life
Visit the SwimTrek booth at the Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show in the Long Beach Convention Center this February 21st and 22nd.
Copyright © 2015 by World Open Water Swimming Association