OceanFit is offering its last Bondi Beach clinic for the season this weekend.
OceanFit has brought its clinics to Newcastle, Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast, Wollongong and Manly as well as its morning ocean fitness classes on Bondi Beach. “We’ll give you and your family the confidence to live your dream ocean lifestyle,” explains its ever-enthusiastic founder Andre Slade.
Slade offers a national open water swimming calendar for Australia, training programs, educational online videos, and a blog with articles, advice and tip “to increase your ocean lifestyle” among its 200,000+ users.
“If you’ve got the courage, we’ll give you the confidence.”
Video above is from the Noosa Summer Swim, Queensland’s largest ocean swim with seven races on offer over two days. “The crystal clear and sheltered water at Noosa is the perfect setting for an action-packed summer weekend including a 5 km Grand Prix event on February 12th with $5,000 in prizes and money [$700 for 1st, $300 for 2nd, $200 for 3rd].” Rio Olympian Jarrod Poort is confirmed to compete in his first Noosa Summer Swim.
The 3 km swim is a multi-lap course around the sheltered waters of Noosa Main Beach. The Noosa 2.0 is the event for the masses and is the most popular event on the program. Since it was introduced in 2014, the Noosa Summer Swim has attracted an all-star cast of past and present Olympians, including Libby Trickett, Emma Snowsill, Jan Frodeno and Ambassador Michael Klim.
OceanFit is among the nominees for the 2016 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year:
1. Prison Island Swims (International)
2. KIM SWIMS (USA)
3. Samsung Bosphorus Cross-Continental Swim (Turkey)
4. Ocean City Swim Club Unified Team / Legion of Ocean Heroes Surf Lifesaving Festival (USA)
5. KAATSU Aqua (Japan)
6. Hawaiʻi Tiger Shark Tracking (USA)
7. OceanFit (Australia)
8. The Power of Swimming or Simma med Stjärnorna (Sweden)
9. Wildswim.com (United Kingdom)
10. Instabeat (International)
11. Terroir Project Collection (Denmark)
12. Agar Plasticity (Japan)
13. Swimming in the Sink: An Episode of the Heart by Lynne Cox (USA)
14. Global Alert Platform by the Ocean Recovery Alliance (Hong Kong)
15. Blue Mind Summits by Dr. Wallace J. Nichols (International)
Copyright © 2016 by World Open Water Swimming Association