The Southern Pacific Masters Swimming announced its 2017 summer open water swimming schedule:
* 4th Annual SoCal Cup Open Water Championships* (see here) in Castaic Lake on May 20th-21st
* 48th Annual Seal Beach Rough Water Swim** (see here) in Seal Beach on June 24th
* Newport Beach Pier to Pier 2 Mile Open Ocean Swim (see here) in Newport Beach on July 8th
* Don Burns CDM 1 Mile Ocean Swim*** (see here) in Corona del Mar on August 19th
* Nadadore Mile Swim in Lake Mission Viejo on September 24th
* The Southern California Cup Open Water Championship will offer a unique format along the shores of Lower Castaic Lake. The race will feature an preliminary and final format where swimmers compete in smaller heats to compete on a 500m triangular preliminary course. The top finishers in each heat will advance to the Championship Final 1500m held on a 1000m course. Swimmers who do not advance to the final will compete in the consolation final 1500m race.
*** Don Burns was a high school teacher and coach in the Newport-Mesa Unified School District for 31 years, and he was a Newport Beach lifeguard for 47 years. Burns is a member of Millennium Hall of Fame (inducted 2000) and was well-known for being an easygoing gentleman with great dignity who left a legacy of Nice Guys Finish First.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by World Open Water Swimming Association