Photo courtesy of Ricardo Moreno; report courtesy of Guilherme Freitas
Nearly 4,000 people participated in the Travessia da Fuga das Ilhas, part of the 4-race Circuito Aqua series, on December 11th.
The swimmers are taken by schooners to start on the island and they swim 2 km to the finish at Praia da Barra do Sahy Beach.
Veteran Glauco Rangel won in 22:20 with 14-year-old Vitoria Alves Silva Farabulini Lopes taking a surprising first in the women’s division and tieing for fifth overall.
Another young female, 12-year-old Giovanna Menezes, finished second in 25:56 while third place went to Jovana Nakagaki in 26:10.
Top 10 Results:
1. Glauco Luis de Oliveira Rangel 22:20
2. Matheus Henrique Bertazzoli de Souza 22:40
3. Daniel Costa Cunha 22:56
4. André Ramos Rocha e Silva 22:58
5. Wanderley Pinto dos Santos Junior 24:09
5. Vitoria Alves Silva Farabulini Lopes 24:09 [first female]
7. Rafael Quirino de Oliveira 24:12
8. Gabriel Cruz da Silveirac24:27
9. Renato Donha 24:41
10. Matheus Branco Elias Dib 25:30
The full results are posted here.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by World Open Water Swimming Association