While all eyes were on South Africa’s Chad Ho who was vying for his 8th overall title at the aQuellé Midmar Mile, Russian Kirill Abrosimov caught the media and the elite field by surprise. Abrosimov swam way far right of the leaders along the narrow course and unexpectedly won the race fairly comfortably in 18:56.
Ashley Hogg from the UK was second place with the same time as Ho in 19:08.
Top 10 Men:
1. Kirill Abrosimov (Russia) 18:56
2. Ashley Hogg (UK) 19:08
3. Chad Ho (South Africa) 19:08
4. Evgenii Drattcev (Russia) 19:11
5. Alexander Pratt (South Africa) 19:23
6. Luke Erwee (South Africa) 19:33
7. Raben Dommann (Canada) 19:37
8. Chad Michau (South Africa) 19:39
9. Bailey Hairsine (UK) 19:41
10. Alexander Katelnikoff (Canada) 19:46
Copyright © 2008-2018 by World Open Water Swimming Association