Anna-Carin Nordin Achieves Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
Anna-Carin Nordin has done a lot in the open water swimming world.
The International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Honor Swimmer was the second person in history – and the first woman – to achieve the Oceans Seven and has done all kinds of winter swimming, ice swimming, marathon swimming, relays and channel swimming from her home base in Sweden.
The 47-year-old usually travels alone without an entourage or escort crew – but easily makes friends and recruits local people to assist her swims in her genuinely humble, sincere manner.
One of the few open water swimming achievements that has eluded Nordin to date was the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming – but she put that feather in her swim cap with a 7 hour 50 minute circumnavigation swim around Manhattan Island on June 1st at the 20 Bridges Swim.
Typical of her selfless nature, she raised money for Hjärt-Lungfonden during her journey around the Big Apple.
Official 20 Bridges Swim Results:
- Zach Margolis (30, San Francisco, USA) 7:33:03 [Triple Crown achieved]
- James Janik (42, Colorado, USA) 7:35:43 [Triple Crown achieved]
- Avishag Turek (43, Shefayim, Israel) 7:39:12 [Triple Crown achieved]
- Fiona Mildner (39, East Sussex, Great Britain) 7:41:26
- Elizabeth Almond (44, Georgia, USA) 7:43:53
- Melanie Holland (43, Norfolk, Great Britain) 7:45:37
- Anna-Carin Nordin (47, JÃttendal, Sweden) 7:50:37 [Triple Crown achieved]
- Mark Sheridan (44, Kent, Great Britain) 7:52:27 [Triple Crown achieved]
- Cynthia Werhane (49, Oregon, USA) 7:52:45
- Steve Stievenart (41, Hauts de France, France) 7:55:09
- Gerald Devin (53, Wicklow, Ireland) 8:11:22
- Melissa Blaustein (30, California, USA) 8:14:55
- Janice Burton (55, Maryland, USA) 8:15:11
- Samiir Wheaton (48, Rajasthan, India) 8:24:53
- Jessi Harewicz (35, Vancouver, Canada) 8:37:34 [Triple Crown achieved]
- Tim Garrett (55, New South Wales, Australia) 8:40:49
In addition to Nordin’s achievement, Zach Margolis, James Janik, Avishag Turek, Mark Sheridan and Jessi Harewicz all achieved the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming with their individual 28.5-mile circumnavigation swims around Manhattan Island.
For more information about the 20 Bridges Swim around Manhattan Island, visit www.nyopenwater.org.
Copyright @ 2008 – 2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association