Zach Margolis Wins 20 Bridges Swim, Achieves Triple Crown Of Open Water Swimming
His 7 hour 30 minute victory was also the third leg of the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
Previously in 2016, he crossed the 32.3 km Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 11 hours 4 minutes at the age of 27. In 2018, he completed a 33.2 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 12 hours 17 minutes. For good Oceans Seven measure, he also completed a tandem swim across the Strait of Gibraltar with Attila Mányoki in 2017.
Official 20 Bridges Swim Results:
- Zach Margolis (30, San Francisco, USA) 7:33:03 [Triple Crown achieved]
- James Janik (42, Colorado, USA) 7:35:43 [Triple Crown achieved]
- Avishag Turek (43, Shefayim, Israel) 7:39:12 [Triple Crown achieved]
- Fiona Mildner (39, East Sussex, Great Britain) 7:41:26
- Elizabeth Almond (44, Georgia, USA) 7:43:53
- Melanie Holland (43, Norfolk, Great Britain) 7:45:37
- Anna-Carin Nordin (47, JÃttendal, Sweden) 7:50:37 [Triple Crown achieved]
- Mark Sheridan (44, Kent, Great Britain) 7:52:27 [Triple Crown achieved]
- Cynthia Werhane (49, Oregon, USA) 7:52:45
- Steve Stievenart (41, Hauts de France, France) 7:55:09
- Gerald Devin (53, Wicklow, Ireland) 8:11:22
- Melissa Blaustein (30, California, USA) 8:14:55
- Janice Burton (55, Maryland, USA) 8:15:11
- Samiir Wheaton (48, Rajasthan, India) 8:24:53
- Jessi Harewicz (35, Vancouver, Canada) 8:37:34 [Triple Crown achieved]
- Tim Garrett (55, New South Wales, Australia) 8:40:49
In addition to Margolis’ achievement, James Janik, Avishag Turek, Mark Sheridan, Anna-Carin Nordin and Jessi Harewicz all achieved the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming with their individual 28.5-mile circumnavigation swims around Manhattan Island.
For more information about the 20 Bridges Swim around Manhattan Island, visit www.nyopenwater.org.
Copyright @ 2008 – 2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association