Elaine Howley Making, Documenting History On WOWSA Live
Sponsored by KAATSU Global, Boston, Massachusetts.
Elaine Howley, an ice swimmer, channel swimmer, marathon swimmer, event director and veteran crew member, is best known for her comprehensive historical pieces on marathon swimmers that entertain and educate the swimming community around the world. Her subjects include luminaries from the sport’s long past to the best swimmers of contemporary times.
During her engaging interview, she spoke about:
* Swimming to a beer brewery in her record-setting swim in Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho
* Interviewing Jef Mallett, the Frazz cartoonist and marathon swimmer
* leveraging an interview with to start writing for Swimmer Magazine in 2009
* feature-length history piece in Outdoor Swimmer Magazine
* researching Florence Chadwick and how she would train in Saudi Arabia
* crewing for two of Sarah Thomas‘ epic marathon swims in Lake Champlain and in the English Channel
* Gertrude Ederle’s record-setting crossing of the English Channel
* the life of George Young and the Wrigley Ocean Marathon swim across the Catalina Channel
* a tribute to Mindy Bowens
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association