Julie Ridge Talks About Swimming Around Manhattan On WOWSA Live
Julie Ridge has ridden across America on her bicycle, did the Hawaiian Ironman Triathlon in 1984, written a book (Take It to the Limit: Endurance: How to Build It into Everything You Do), been an actress on Broadway, and leads the Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation. She spoke about her experiences and her marathon swims including 9 swims around Manhattan Island with International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame chairman Ned Denison in today’s edition of WOWSA Live.
They reminiscenced about:
* appearing in Oh! Calcutta! on Broadway in New York
* training at Bob Duenkel‘s swimming camps
* snaking across the English Channel in 17 hours 55 minutes
* scenic swimming at night around the Manhattan Island
* swimming for 12 hours in a pool
* her unprecedented a series of multi-day 45.9 km circumnavigation swims around the Manhattan Island
* her work with Drury Gallagher, Tom Hetzel, Tim Johnson
* her attempt to swim around Barbados
For more information on her Foundation, visit frankridgememorialfoundation.org.
Julie Ridge, an Honor Swimmer in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame who has completed a total of 11 circumnavigation swims around Manhattan Island during her career, was photographed for Sports Illustrated Magazine by Ron Modra.
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association