Marcy MacDonald Describes Her Journey On WOWSA Live
Sponsored by KAATSU, Huntington Beach, California.
International Swimming Hall of Fame and International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame dual inductee Dr. Marcy MacDonald is a swimming-focused podiatrist who thoroughly enjoys her professional career and her swimming adventures to the fullest.
Among the many highlights in her career, the podiatrist from Manchester, Connecticut has completed 17 out of the 20 attempts of the English Channel during her career – that is far from over.
During the WOWSA Live interview, Dr. MacDonald talked about:
* getting started in the open water
* training with Marcia Cleveland
* letter writing to get information on the English Channel and learning from Marty McMahon in 1985
* training with Nora Toledano for the English Channel
* attempting a three-way crossing of the English Channel in 2004
* swimming in the big water of Molokai Channel with Liz Fry
* enjoying the sights of swimming around Manhattan Island and the Isle of Jersey
* taking baby steps in marathon swimming
* swimming with the C.O.W.S., Connecticut Open Water Swimming pod in her home state
Follow Dr. Marcella MacDonald’s swimming career and coaching advice on her blog at cuttingwater.blogspot.com
Dr. MacDonald writes, “CUTTING WATER” = ONE swim stroke. In 1994, my life changed while cutting through the cool waters of the English Channel, a place that brings me peace. Swimming is such a wonderful, lifelong sport, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, no matter what level you may be. Dream, Prepare, Succeed.”
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association