Harry Hukkaker Talks About Global Adventures On WOWSA Live
Sponsored by KAATSU Global, Huntington Beach, California.
International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Honor Swimmer Harry Huffaker, DDS is among the most prolific channel swimmers in the Pacific Ocean in history with a record-setting career centered in the State of Hawaii.
The 80-year-old former collegiate swimmer at the University of Michang covered a number of wide-ranging topics during today’s WOWSA Live interview with International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame chairperson Ned Denison:
* inadvertently meeting Peter Frayne in Dover
* thinking about whether he wanted to be a doctor or a dentist that ultimately led him to attempt crossing the English Channel
* encountering sharks across the Molokai Channel and Alenuihaha Channel
* first attempting the Maui Nui Channel and raising over US$250,000 en route (nearly US$780,000 in contemporary value)
* explaining the challenges of swimming across the channels in the State of Hawaii
* advising on the use of sunscreen
* enjoying memories on Rathlin Island
Copyright 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association