Wayne Riddin Talks About The aQuellé Midmar Mile On WOWSA Live
Sponsored by KAATSU, Huntington Beach, California.
Race organizer and coach Wayne Riddin talked about organizing the world-famous aQuellé Midmar Mile, an Honor Organization in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame, with IMSHOF chairperson Ned Denison and Steven Munatones in today’s edition of WOWSA Live.
* raising over 4 million South African Rand (US$236,210) for local charities with the aQuellé Midmar Mile
* winning the aQuellé Midmar Mile two years running as a 14- and 15-year-old young swimmer
* taking over aQuellé Midmar Mile in 1991 and helping increase the number of participants from 153 entrants to a peak of 17,300 in 2017
* strongly supporting the sport of swimming and disabled swimmers in particular
* organizing the Pope-Ellis Ironman and Pope-Ellis Ironwoman as part of the aQuellé Midmar Mile
* describing the 8-Mile Club
* managing the event during lightening strikes and rough conditions
* planning for future events in the era of lockdowns and COVID-19 including trying to plan for the 50th anniversary event with Mike Arbuthnot
aQuellé Midmar Mile Day 1 on February 8th 2019
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association